With 20years experience, Karen is a clinical psychologist who is passionate about supporting women to live their best lives. She has extensive experience working with women in the areas of emotional and general well-being, trauma, parenting, adjustment, relationship difficulties, sexuality and sexual function. Since becoming a mum, she has developed a special interest in working with women during this often-challenging time.
Karen uses a wide range of evidence-based therapeutic interventions depending upon the person’s presenting concerns. These include Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive-behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and Compassionate Focused Therapy (CFT) to name a few.
Karen is warm and nurturing.
Areas of Special Interest:
– Fertility and conception difficulties
– Pre and post pregnancy concerns (e.g., depression, anxiety)
– Birth-related trauma
– Parent-infant attachment issues
– Sexual function (e.g., pain, low desire)
– Adjustment and life transitions
– Depression and anxiety issues
– Miscarriage, stillbirth and neonatal loss
– LGBTIQ+ concerns
– Chronic illness
– Member Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
– Member APS Perinatal and Infant Psychology Interest Group (PIPIG)
LOCATE US AT
Grace Private Consulting Suite
Suite 5, 14 Hill St. Southport 4215
Hope Island (Coming Soon)
Harbour Point, Specialist Consulting Suites
If you have any questions regarding your visit to Grace Private Consulting Suite or would like to make an appointment please call 07 5594 7632